Hillcrest Road, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL5 4NL
Care and Support Helps Everyone Succeed
The staff and governors have set out the following mission statement for our school:
Our aim is to create a happy and secure environment to provide a wide variety of challenging and stimulating experiences both in and out school, so that all children can enjoy learning and achieve their full potential.
We aim to help our children be ready to meet the demands of the twenty-first century and to learn to be confident in a wider international community.
More detailed aims have also been agreed as follows:
· To ensure that all children achieve the highest possible academic standards.
· To maintain a commitment to continuous school improvement among the staff and governors.
· To make sure that every child's self esteem is positively enhanced by providing caring and concerned community, where every child feels appreciated and from which the child receives understanding, help and advice.
· To ensure that children are helped to appreciate the wonder of the world in which we live, and to adjust to its fast changing conditions with its opportunities and its problems.
· To help each child to learn to live in a community and show concern and consideration for others.
· To develop a lively and enquiring mind, encouraging each child to acquire knowledge, skills and practical abilities and the will to use them.
· To help the child to develop attitudes such as independence, confidence, perseverance, responsibility, self-criticism and open-mindedness.