The Government are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016. They will allocate this extra funding directly to primary headteachers.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change4Life clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
So far we have chosen to use our funding to:
- Fund specialist PE coaches from Atlas Sports.
- Run extra curricular clubs e.g. multi-skills for KS1 and Street Dance for KS2
- Take part in the Best You Can Be programme beginning in March this will impact all of KS2
- Continue to take part in the Stroud School Sports Partnership which allows us to take part in inter school activities.
If you look below you can see the impact of our Sports Funding and what we plan to spend our Sports Funding next year.